Monday 5 May 2014

Magnificent Copper Review


If you saw my Revolution haul you would have seen their Awesome Metals in Magnificent Copper (£4/5).  Immediately I wondered if it was a bargain dupe for Stila's Magnificent Metals (£33.50), which I am yet to try.  In both cases you have a cream eye shadow that you transform with a liquid primer in the provided tray to make the colour super metallic and shiny.

L-R with the given primer, with ELF Lock & Seal, with Illamasqua Sealing Gel
 I swatched the copper cream mixed with three different 'primers'; the one that comes in the box with it, ELF Lock & Seal and Illamasqua Sealing Gel. I feel the photo above is a bit misleading, the pigmentation looks different but actually it was just a case of the Illamasqua swatch being a bit more glossy.  All three had real staying power, not smudging when I wiped them and difficult to wash off.


Here is a look using Magnificent Copper.  I primed with Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. As a colour base I applied the orange colour Aura from Illamasqua's Paranormal Palette all over my lid and used the green Possession  from the same palette below.  I blended Nars' California eyeshadow into the crease and then applied Magnificent Copper.  After lining with Mac's Blacktrack Fluidline I pressed Fyrinae Madam & Eve's into the liner.  The liner in my waterline is Urban Decay Deep End


I do really like Magnificent Copper but it didn't stand out as much as I thought it would.  I think layered over something like Maybelline Color Tattoo in 24k Gold or Eternal Gold it might pop a bit more.  I'm off to experiment!

You can purchase the Awesome Metals at the Revolution site or with Superdrug.  Have you tried any of the other Eye Foils? What do you think of them?

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment