Friday 18 July 2014

Illamasqua's Glamore Lipsticks

Glamore lipsticks

A few months ago Illamasqua launched a new lipstick formula with the Glamore campaign.  There were 3 shades in the initial launch but the formula was so popular; opaque and creamy; that everyone called out for more choice.  Illamasqua listened and earlier this month launched 4 more shades, and then another 7 nude shades this week.  The Nude shades are split up depending on skin tone, with 2 cool-toned, 2 neutral and 3 warm-toned.

Starkers
 I received Starkers, one of the cool-toned Nude shades, in my LIB Glamour Beauty Edit box (only £16.95 for the entire thing).  I was really pleased to see it was this one as I am cool-toned.  It's a lot more brown than I would normally wear but is perfect on me for the 90s look that is really in at the moment.

Rosepout
With the LIB box you receive a code for 20% off on the Illamasqua website so I had to make an order.  Rosepout is the other cool-toned shade in the Nude collection and so far seems to be coming out favourite on most blogs I've read.  It is the perfect 'my lips but better' shade on me.  I think I am going to be wearing this an awful lot.

Luster
 Luster was one of the colours in the original Glamore collection and I bought it the day it was released.  It's a great blue-toned bright pink that is perfect for this time of the year.

Vampette
 Vampette was also in the order I made this week.  I cannot wait for some cooler weather to rock this, though I may not wait and wear it anyway.  I applied the lipsticks straight from the bullet for these photos, so they are a great example of why it can be necessary to wear a lipliner and/or use a lip brush!

I really recommend these Glamore lipsticks.  The formula is spot-on and stands up really well against my 4 hour work shift test.  You can buy them for £18.50 on the Illamasqua website.  The LIB Glamour Beauty Edit is a great bargain but obviously you can't choose which shade you receive.

What Glamore colours have you got your eye on or are already loving?

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment