Friday 29 August 2014

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer

L-R Tranquillity, Halcyon, Aflush, Criminal, Funk, Kooky

I was planing on swatching the new OCC Lip Tars this week but, of course, a coldsore got the memo and came to say hello.  I still wanted to do a lip-central post so in true Blue Peter style, here's one I made earlier.

Matte lips are really in at the moment so MUA hit the nail on the head with their Luxe range of Velvet Lip Lacquers.  They come in 9 shades, from nude to deep purple.  I have 6 of them to show you.

Top: Aflush, Halcyon, Tranquility
Bottom: Kooky, Criminal, Funk
As well as the shades here, MUA also do two reds (Atomic and Reckless) and a baby pink (Serene).  The reds are almost a match to Limecrime's Sudeberry and Red Velvet Velvetines.  My favourites are Aflush and Criminal as I find a bright pink the easiest thing to wear.  While I like the two nudes in the tube I don't think they suit me at all. 

The liquid is opaque in one swatch.  As can be expected, they do feel drying and so exfoliation and moisturising your lips before hand is pretty essential.  The liquid takes quite a while to dry and you ideally need to keep your lips apart while it dries. They last about 4 hours and the key to making them last is to not put too much on.  If you apply them too thick they stay a bit tacky and get patchy.

Top: Tranquillity, Halcyon, Aflush
Bottom: Criminal, Funk, Kooky
While the Velvet Lip Lacquers do not quite have the same texture as more high end versions, at only £3 they are great for trying out the trend.  You don't want to spend more than £10 only to find out you can't stand the dried-out feeling.  I wonder if more high street/drug store brands will continue the matte lip craze.

Have you tried these? What's your verdict?

Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment