Thursday 16 October 2014

Lip Addict Tag


I know this tag is primarily a YouTube thing but I thought it would be fun to join in.

TAG QUESTIONS

1. Favourite balm/treatment?
2. Best eye-catching red?
3. Best luxury & best drugstore/high street?
4. Best MAC lipstick?
5. The most disappointing?
6. Liner - yes or no?
7. Best gloss?
8. Something extra!

Read on for my answers...

So 1. Favourite balm/treatment.


It just has to be NUXE Reve de Miel.  I have seen rave reviews on it for probably years now and always put off getting it until earlier this year, when for about a month I was unable to wear any products as my lips were so sore.  This stuff really works and what I like the most about it is that it's matte so colour sits on top of it really well.
A close runner-up is the Jason Lips Bee Healthier balm.


2. Best eye-catching red.


Can I have a high-end and low end?  I love Hourglass Opaque Rouge in Icon, a non-sticky, long-lasting blue-red although it is so much more expensive than similar quality products.  For a cheaper red option I love the Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Color in 510 Red Passion which is more of a true red and a bit more tacky feeling but a beautiful colour.


3. Best luxury& best drugstore/high street


My favourite luxury, or what I view as being luxury, is without a doubt the OCC Lip Tars.  I love the formula and the endless variety of colours.  They last a long time on the lips and I'll literally never be able to finish a tube as you need so little of it. 


My favourite high street lip products (sorry can't choose one) are the Rimmel Apocolips lacquers and the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms. They're both really comfortable on and opaque, although Revlon probably wins for on-the-go ease.


4. Best MAC lipstick


Well I wore Brave on my wedding day so surely I should say that? I used to reach for it all of the time but I don't find it that interesting any more.  My lasting favourite is probably Viva Glam III.  An earthy reddish colour, it's perfect for this time of this year but it's also just really complimentary on my skintone and somehow seems to make my eyes look more blue.  I'm always confused when a lip colour does that.  I really like that it is a matte.


5. The most disappointing


 I struggled to find something for this category until I remembered this beauty, Sephora Utra Shine Gloss in Black Energy.  And it really is beautiful, just look at the close-up below.  Purple glitter suspended in a black gloss.  However the formula is really thin and barely shows up, unlike say Urban Decay's Perversion Lip Junkie gloss.



6. Liner - yes or no?


A big fat yes.  90% of the time I'll be wearing a liner as without my lips are like 2 indistinct little blobs.  Over a decade of coldsores has left my natural lip line in tatters, I need liner so make my mouth look like a mouth!  There is the odd day when I'm in too much of a rush, and those are the days when I'm also not wearing winged liner.  These things take time...


7.  Best gloss


It has to be the Illamasqua glosses.  I like both the Sheer and Intense formulas.  There's a wide range of shades, from nudes and pinks to oil-slick and grass green. I love the smell of them and that they are a bit sticky so actually last more than a few minutes.


8. Something extra.


I really, really love glossy stain type things.  I like them for layering under a lipstick to prolong and/or intensify the colour.  In this category I would include the Urban Decay Lip Envy (discontinued), Maybelline Super Stay Tint Gloss,  OCC Stained Gloss, L'oreal GlamShine Stain Splash (the weirdest name!) and LA Girl Glazed Lip Paints amongst others.


I tag...

Hannah at Hannah Louise 1406
Jasmine at Magpie Jasmine

Thanks for reading!  Feel free to join in :-)

Rachel




Find me here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment