Monday 10 November 2014

Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot blush set

So good my cat just demanded to be included.
The trouble I had getting this set! Okay, I exaggerate, it was only about half an hour of hurriedly walking around but at the time it seems like beauty life or death.  All the effort was for this, Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot which contains 6 of their powder blushes and 1 cream highlight.  As soon as I saw the first images of this online I was excited as I've only tried one of their blushes before.  I went to to get it as soon as it came out, at the end of September but it was already sold out in our Boots and Debenhams but I struck gold in House of Fraser. 

Enough babble, see how good it is for yourself.



I really like all of the Benefit packaging this season, all based around a traditional sweet shop.  I sort of wish the roof part was removable as the shape is irregular, causing chaos in my blush drawer!  This tin is pretty sturdy, in fact I think the whole thing is well made.  I LOVE that the cream highlighter, Watt's Up, has a plastic cover on it.  It's so gross when you get powder in a cream product and can quite often make it unusable.


Dandelion is a matte powder pink.  Bella Bamba is a warmer, deeper pink with shimmer.  Sugarbomb is made of 4 colours and the idea is that you swirl your brush over all of it which creates a soft peach shimmer.  I find this one the least pigmented and prefer it as a highlighter to a blush. Hoola is a matte neutral-toned bronzer and is actually pale enough for me to be able to use it, yay!  Coralista is a shimmery coral and very pretty.  Rockateur is my favourite at the moment, a plummy colour with a bit of shimmer that doesn't show up too much on the cheeks. Watt's Up! is champagne with no glitter, it blends really well.


I've ignored the brush, I think it's pretty useless but that's fine, they usually are.

L-R Dandelion, Bella Bamba, Sugarbomb, Hoola, Coralista, Rockateur and Watts Up! Without flash
 Above is without flash, below with flash.  You can see just how shimmery, or not each, each one is better in the photo below.  As you can see, these aren't the most pigmented blushes in the world but that's not a bad thing.  I think this would be the perfect present for someone just starting out with makeup as you can't really make any mistakes; it would be difficult to apply too much.

L-R Dandelion, Bella Bamba, Sugarbomb, Hoola, Coralista, Rockateur and Watts Up! With flash
Benenfit's Cheeky Sweet Spot Box O' Blushes has to be one of the best Christmas gift sets out this year.  Firstly in general you don't get many big blush sets and secondly, Benefit haven't ever done a set like this before.  Benefit's blushers are great quality, beautifully scented (though I can imagine it being a love/hate thing) and this box provides a variety of tones and finishes.  One of the blushes, Rockateur, is the same size as it's solo, with the others coming slightly under.  The solos are £23.50 so for just £6 extra you get all the others too!  Also I believe Bella Bamba is discontinued so get it here while you can!  My one complaint is just that it is missing Dallas and Hervana...if you say that all your powders are together, include ALL of them. I really do love it so far though, my other blushes haven't had a look in!

You can get it here.

Are you hoping to receive this? Or are you going get a gold star for gifting it?

Rachel

Find me here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment