Tuesday 4 November 2014

OCC Loose Colours swatches and look

OCC Loose Colours in Twirl, Obscure, Oberon and Wasabi
About two months ago I bought some OCC Loose Colours, mainly inspired by reviews by people who had bought some of them at IMATS this year.  I am completely obsessed with all things duo-chrome at the moment so three of my four picks have that quality.
I bought Twirl, Obscure, Oberon and Wasabi,  Read on to see close-ups,  swatches and a look using most of them.

OCC Loose Colours in  Obscure, Oberon, Twirl and Wasabi
OCC Loose Colours in Oberon, Wasabi, Twirl and Obscure
Oberon is a frosty white with a pink/purple shift to it, OCC describe it as 'pink opal shimmer'.  This is so perfect to use over a dark purple or even blue or black base.  I like it as a highlight to my brow bone and inner corner when doing a more playful look too.

OCC Loose Colour in Oberon
Wasabi is, as the OCC site states, a 'true chartreuse'.  Generally I'm not much of a green fan but I love a bight pop of this shimmery warm green on the inner corner paired with a matte grey look or as an eyeliner or as a peek-a-boo colour on the lid...the list goes on.

OCC Loose Colour in Wasabi
Ah, Twirl, just look at the swatch above! It's so beautiful.  OCC describe it as a 'peach/pink shimmer' but there's definitely some gold luminescence running through it.  Since I've bought it it has been my cheekbone highlighter of choice.  If subtle is your thing then I wouldn't recommend that but I think it looks glorious.  It is obviously amazing used on the eyes too. 

OCC Loose Colour in Twirl
Obscure is a white with a teal shift, similar to Sugarpill's Lumi but slightly more green.  It glows more than Lumi but has a somewhat thicker texture.  I don't think I could choose between the two.  I'm really enjoying layering this over anything and everything.  It looks surprisingly amazing layered over the centre of a neutral eye.

OCC Loose Colour in Obscure
This is a look I did a few weeks back.  I was bizarrely inspired by a pigeon I saw that morning.  Unlike most of the gross city pigeons we get around here this one was well groomed and actually had fully-intact feet.  I loved the duo-chrome (!!!) feathers it had, all grey with green and purple.  Would you ever call a pigeon beautiful?  Don't mind me, I love birds.  On to the make up.

Add caption
I probably used Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base,  I then used Makeup Geek Stealth all over the lid and underneath and blended it out with Unexpected.  I lined with UD's 24/7 pencil in Ether, a grey with purple shift.  I used Oberon layered over the inner half of the lid with Obscure dabbed next to that and on the lower lash line.  I used Twirl on my brow bone (and cheekbones and cupids bow).  I don't have a full face picture but I paired the look with the Kat Von D Studded lipstick in Poe.



I'm loving these shades.  I love their multi-dimension and I certainly have nothing in my collection like Twirl and Oberon.  I think the texture of them is a bit different to other pigments I've worked with, they can sort of clump together if I apply them to heavy (see the swatch of Oberon above).  As with all pigments, unless you're layering lightly then a somewhat sticky base is essential.  My favourite clear one is Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy.  For coloured bases I think you can't go wrong with the Maybelline Color Tattoos,

I found these OCC Loose Colours over at Genie Cosmetics for £7.75 each, a cheaper price than anywhere else I could find.

Do you have any of the Loose Colours?  Can you recommend any, or any other duo-chrome eye shadows?

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment