Sunday 11 January 2015

Nars Audacious Lipsticks - Anna and Anabella

Nars Audacious lipsticks in Annabella (top) and Anna
When the Audacious lipstick range from Nars was announced in August I swooned.  40 shades of opaque luxe lipstick in really pretty packaging  
I was lucky enough to receive an Audacious lipstick for Christmas, albeit not the shade I'd asked for.  My husband went to our local counter armed with a short-list of shades and somehow the lady sold him the wrong one.  Admittedly Anna could be confused name-wise with Annabella (there's also an Anita!)  Anyway, despite it not being the my-lips-but-better shade I was hoping for, Annabella is a rather gorgeous orangey red/ reddish orange that surprisingly suits me rather well.  He later treated me to Anna as well and so I can show you both.

Read on for lip swatches and my review.


Nars Audacious lipsticks
 The packaging is metal and reassuringly weighty.  The lids are metallic and snap on, very fun to play with! It makes lining them up for photos quite difficult.  
They are matte black and so attract fingerprints and smears but they do wipe clean much easier than the sort of rubberized-feeling packaging of most Nars products.

Nars Audacious lipsticks
 They are 4.2g each, compared to Urban Decay's 2.8g, MAC's 3g and Illamasqua's 4g.

Nars Audacious lipsticks: Anna and Annabella

The bullet is a really unique shape, as you can see a bit better in the first photo.  A bit chunkier than a usual bullet.  It's a great shape for applying straight to the lips.

On to the formula; Nars claim that they are a one-swipe lipstick and I'd have to agree.  They are incredibly opaque but don't feel thick on.  While they don't feel especially moisturising they also don't feel drying, or not until about the 4 hour mark.  I haven't noticed the colour fade throughout the day and they last surprisingly well through eating though I did need to reapply a bit.

Nars Audacious lipstick: Anna
 Anna is a dusky rose colour, not too dissimilar from my natural lip colour.  It is very flattering and goes with most eye looks.

Nars Audacious lipstick: Annabella
Annabella is a vivid warm red that really brightens up my face and actually doesn't make my teeth look yellow like I thought it would.  I wore it on Christmas day and it was perfect with my gold glittery look.

You can buy them here, here or here for £24 each.

Have you taken the plunge with any Audacious lipsticks yet?  Would you recommend any?

Personally, I have my eyes set on Audrey, Vivien and Dominique...when they come back into stock on my local counter.

Rachel

Find me here: 


No comments:

Post a Comment