Saturday 21 February 2015

Debu(t)ary: 5 Looks with the Nars Dual Intensity Palette

NARS Dual Intensity Palette

To go with my review of the Nars Dual Intenisty palette here, I thought I would show you some of the looks I've created using it.  All of these are what I would call work-friendly, but maybe most wouldn't.  Anyway, nothing too dramatic.
Look 1

On my brow bone I used Makeup Geek Vanilla Bean as I wanted a matte highlight.  I used Andromeda wet all over the mobile lid with a dab of Europa just in the centre.  I deepened the crease with Ursa Major which I then blended out with Makeup Geek Unexpected.  The eyeliner is Sycorax used wet with a push-liner brush.
Eyebrows are the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown.  Mascara is the No 7 Lash Adapt.

NARS Dual Intensity Palette
Look Two

I used Nars Creamy Concealer in Chantilly as a base.  I used Andromeda to highlight my brow bone and wet on the inner corner of my eye.  I blended Ursa Major into the crease and underneath.  I deepened the crease with Sycorax.  I used Lysithea, the beautiful silver, all over the mobile lid.
I filled in my brows using NYX Eyebrow Gel in Brunette.  Mascara is the Benefit Roller Lash.

NARS Dual Intensity Palette
Look Three

I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige as a base for the eyeshadows.  I wanted a matte blend as the lid would be very metallic so I used Neve Cosmetics Chai Tea Mineral Eyeshadow in the crease and underneath, blended out.  I used Subra on the outer half, it looks a lot more brown and less red than it does in the pan.  The inner half is Himalia used wet.
Brows are the Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel in Strike (see review here).  Mascara is the Primark False Lash Effect.

NARS Dual Intensity Palette
Look Four

I primed the eye with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  I applied Ursa Major dry all over and blended it out and then used it wet in the centre.  I used Europa wet on the inner corner.  The winged liner is Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper.
Eyebrows are Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown. Mascara is the Primark one again.

NARS Dual Intensity Palette
Look Five

I primed my eyelids with MAC Paints in Sublime Nature.  I used Ursa Major all over and blended out but wanted the look more cool-toned so added Lysithea on top.  I mixed Giove with Illamasqua Sealing Gel to make a liquid liner.
Eyebrows are filled in with Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder and I used the Primark mascara.


My final verdict on the Nars Dual Intensity palette?  I really like all of the shadows, particularly when used wet.  I don't really consider it a stand-alone palette though; you really need some matte shades to highlight or transition.  I wouldn't really recommend it if you are just starting out as a palette with more varied textures would be easier to work with.  However, if you know you like metallic and shimmer eyeshadows and you already have matte shades to use along-side then go for it!  
Now that I've done this post where I concentrated on using mainly the palette, I look forward to just using maybe one or two shades in a look with other shadows.  My favourite colours are probably Lysithea and Europa so you'll probably be seeing these again!

If you have this palette do you find it easy to work with?  How do you feel about an all-shimmer look?


Rachel

Find me here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment