Thursday 19 March 2015

MAC Toldeo collection greens

MAC Toledo - Bellgreens and Chlorafill
MAC Toledo - Bellgreens and Chlorafill
Believe it or not, it's not very often that I buy from MAC collections, I just happen to have been in recently while interesting things were actually not sold out yet!  As well as the Miley Viva Glam lipstick, my attention was grabbed by all of the greens in the new Toledo collection.  Although I have a fair amount of green in my collection, some that I really love, I never feel like it suits me that much.  These greens look quite toned down and might work with my blue eyes.  I had also seen them used rather beautifully by  Chloemish_makeup on Instagram.

Read on for swatches and a look using everything!
The packaging it quite quirky and fun, matching the feeling of the fashion designs by Isabel and Ruben Toledo.  If you don't recognise their names you've probably seen their work! Isabel Toledo designed the dress and coat that Michelle Obama wore to the inauguration!

MAC Toledo - Bellgreens and Chlorafill
MAC Toledo - Bellgreens and Chlorafill
 I didn't by the Chlorafill mascara, a fun bright green, as I don't like spending lots of money on mascara.  However I did buy the pencil in the same colour.  Chlorafill is a bright, yellowy-lime green, it immediately made me think of Urban Decay's Thrash shadow in the Electric palette.

MAC Toledo - Bellgreens and Chlorafill
L-R Chlorafill, Fresh Blade, Gorgeous Gold, Vicuña, Savant, Charcoal Brown, Sushi Green without flash
 The shadows in the Bellgreens palette together make quite a grungy looking olive green palette, with not a hint of hard-to-wear emeralds and the like.  The first of the 6 shades is Fresh Blade, an icy yellow white, a perfect shimmering highlight.  Gorgeous Gold is super unique, a gold green which can look almost orange, I have nothing quite like this.  Vicuña is pearly olive, I like it all over.  Savant looks really bright in the palette but compared to Chlorafill you can see that it is more toned down, quite a yellowy-brownish bright green (MAC call it 'mustard green').  Charcoal Brown is a popular MAC shade but it the perfect neutral matte brown to go with all of the greens.  Sushi Green is a very glittery dark green/brown.  If you tap it on the sparkles stay, but they can be blended away too.

MAC Toledo - Bellgreens and Chlorafill
L-R Chlorafill, Fresh Blade, Gorgeous Gold, Vicuña, Savant, Charcoal Brown, Sushi Green with flash
 Like most MAC shadows, you need to use them a few times to get the true pigmentation.  They are really good quality and I'm looking forwards to playing with them lots more.  There's 2 mattes to 4 shimmers which is a good mixture.  My favourite way to use a bright green has always been on the inner third of my eye, so I'm going to be doing that with Chlorafill lots.

MAC Toledo - Bellgreens and Chlorafill
MAC Toledo - Bellgreens and Chlorafill
 For this look I used Chlorafill in the waterline.  I applied Savant all over my lid and blended it out with Vicuña and then Charcoal Brown. I ran this mixture under my eye too, and added some Sushi Green to the outer third.  I blew it all out further with more Vicuña.  Gorgeous Gold was added to the Savant in the middle.  Fresh Blade is lightly used just under my brow and on the inner corner.

MAC Toledo - Bellgreens and Chlorafill
MAC Toledo - Bellgreens and Chlorafill
The Bellgreens palette is available here, and the Chlorafill pencil here.  I'm not sure how long they'll be out for now as they've been available for quite a few weeks already

.Did you get anything from the Toledo collection?  Maybe you were drawn to the purples or the blues instead of the greens?  The ombre blushes looked really good too but I thought they would end up being quite similar to blushes I already have.

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment