Saturday 14 March 2015

MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus lipstick


MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus

I ummed and ahhed about getting the new MAC Viva Glam lipstick.  It looked so pretty in pictures on Instagram but did I really need another hot pink lipstick?  Probably not, but I took the plunge anyway as I didn't get the last Viva Glam (Rihanna 2) and seriously regret it.  This time around it's the Viva Glam Miley Cyrus.  

The full RRP minus tax on all Viva Glam products goes towards helping men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS.

Read on for more photos and my verdict.


MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus

The packaging is the regular Viva Glam bullet, so like their regular bullet but with red detailing instead of silver.  Miley's signature is on the tube, underneath the cap, as well as on the box.

MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus

The colour is a hot pink, leaning slightly warm rather than fuchsia. Very close up there is the slightest bit of shimmer but this doesn't show up at all when used.

The formula is an amplified creme, so it is really opaque and intense but still feel moisturising.  It's very comfortable to wear.  Any bright pink lip liner works with it and I do recommend using a liner;  because the formula is a creme it can slip a bit.  With a liner I found the lipstick lasted all day.

MAC has also released a matching Tinted Lipglass, a similar coloured gloss with pearl sparkle. I skipped this as I have plenty of shimmery pink glosses.

MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus

I swatched the lipstick next to the ones I have in my collection that I was worried it would be similar to (just those of a similar formula, not mattes).  Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Anarchy is much cooler and MAC's Impassioned is a lot warmer.  Phew!

Urban Day Anarchy, MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus, MAC Impassioned
Urban Day Anarchy, MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus, MAC Impassioned
I forgot to good lip swatch photos while wearing the lipstick so I grabbed this from my Instagram page.

It looks great paired with a simple liner look but equally good with a heavier neutral look or lashings of mascara and bold brows.

Because it is quite a neutral bright pink I can imagine it would suit most people.  The gloss would be a great option for those who love the colour but don't feel brave enough to wear such a bright colour.

MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus

I'm really glad I bought it.  It is surprisingly a unique colour in my collection and looks great on.  Also, with the money going to such a good cause I would recommend this over any similar-coloured lipstick you might have your eye on.

You can get the MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus here on their site, or in store.  The lipstick is £15.50, the lipglass is £14.50.

Do you have any of the other MAC Viva Glam lipsticks? Which do you recommend?

Rachel

Find me here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment