Friday 20 March 2015

My favourite green makeup

My previous post on the greens in the new MAC Toledo collection got me thinking about other greens I have and love.  Most of them are quite bright as you can see.  Green is a more difficult colour for me to use and I don't feel it suits me that much.  I tend to use a smidgen of green in a look rather than green all over as I find that a bit easier.

Outside of make up it isn't a colour I like at all, no green clothes, accessories, stationary and furniture.  Oh no.  But then again, there isn't really a colour of makeup I dislike.

Let me show you my favourites.


Illamasqua intense lipgloss in Shoot
Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Shoot
This beauty is Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Shoot.  It is a vibrant grassy green.  I fell in love with it when I saw it in one of their Imperfection Collection shots here.  I like to wear it with quite a neutral or dark eye look.  £16.50 

Urban Decay Thrash from the Electric palette
Urban Decay Thrash
I love all the colours from Urban Decay's Electric palette but Gonzo and Thrash, this chartreuse green were immediately my favourites.  Thrash is a green that I really like as an inner corner pop of colour.  Very fun to play around with.  The palette is £38 and I did a more in depth look of it here, one of my first posts.

Eye Kandy Sour Apple glitter
Eye Kandy Sour Apple glitter
Sour Apple glitter from Eye Kandy is really pretty flecks of different greens, some very yellowy ones with more emerald greens.  It's one of their fine glitters, which I prefer to the superfine as they reflect a lot more.  You can get it here for £6.50.

Sugarpill Sparkage sparkling neon pigment
Sugarpill Sparkage sparkling neon pigment
Swoon.  This pigment came from Sugarpill's Electrocute collection, 5 super fun neon shades.  This is a cool-toned, neon green with shimmer.  You may think you've never wanted sparkly green neon eyebrows but you could be wrong!  Makes a great liner too.  £10.95

Makeup Geek Foiled eye shadow in Jester
Makeup Geek Foiled eye shadow in Jester
Jester is an unusual olive green with gold shimmer.  It is one of the Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadows so incredibly metallic and very smooth to apply.  Great as the centre colour in a spotlight/halo look.  I don't have anything else similar to this.  $9.99 here and I reviewed the rest of the collection here.

 Shoot, Thrash, Sour Apple, Sparkage and Jester
L-R Shoot, Thrash, Sour Apple, Sparkage and Jester
As you can see in the swatches they are all very different in colour and texture (and so all worth having obviously ;-) ).  Thrash is probably my ultimate favourite if I had to choose; it is the one my eyes are drawn to first.

Do you like greens in your make up?  Would you wear any of these?
Follow me on Bloglovin' so that you never miss a similar post.



Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment