Monday 30 March 2015

Saucebox Cosmetics Forbidden Fruits palette

SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette
SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette

Yesterday's Silent Sunday was a teaser for today's post focusing on SauceBox's Forbidden Fruits palette.  I've seen so many amazing looks created with their palettes.  Their Etude palette is probably the most popular as it contains eight cool-toned neutrals so can be used everyday and in so many ways.  I have a lot of neutral palettes so I went for something a bit different; their pinky plummy palette, Forbidden Fruits.  


I don't own any other palette that has a colour theme like this.  Muted pinks, plums and a pinch of red.  I did wonder if it would be difficult to use only this palette in a look and if I'd be able to create wearable looks with it.  I've only played with it about 4 times so far, but maybe a 5 Looks post will come later on.
SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette
SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette
SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette
SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette
 Forget Me Not is a soft shimmery baby pink.  
Lava Love is a matte red with gold glitter in it (more red than Makeup Geek's razzleberry). If you blend it out well the glitter goes whereas if you pat it on you can keep the glitter.
Tu-Tu is a bright pink shimmer.
Berry Pink is a mauvey colour, a bit lighter than in the swatch below.  It has glitter in it but it shows up matte when you apply it.
Plumtastic is a cool blackened purple and reminds me of a darkened MAC Blackberry.  Matte.
Grape Fruit is a satin plum.

Pinks can be quite intimidating but I think it helps that this palette is quite cool-toned, so you're less likely to look like you have sore eyes than if they were warm pinks.  Blended out with a more neutral colour can also help with avoiding the allergy-suffering look.

SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette
SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette
Top row: Forget Me Not, Lava Love, Tu-Tu
Bottom row: Berry Pink, Plumtastic, Grape Fruit
 I felt like doing a bit of a halo eye again today.  I used Milani Shadow Eyez in Almond Cream as a base.  Fyrinnae Nijiro loose eye shadow was used as my brow highlight. 

 I applied Berry Pink into the crease and underneath my eye and blended it out really well.  I applied Tu-Tu to both of the outer edges, above and below, and blended it out, keeping the middle bare.  I added some Grapefruit to the inner corner.  I used a dab of Forget Me Not in the centre of my lower lid.  I wanted the centre of my mobile lid even lighter though so I used the Shiro loose eye shadow in You Know Nothing, a grey white with a slight blue shift.

SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette
SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette

SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette
SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette

SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette
SauceBox Forbidden Fruits palette
So far I'm really liking this palette.  Six really large pans of  strongly-pigmented eye shadow.  I need to do a lot more playing to see how versatile (or not) the colours are but I think that with a few of my solo shadows along for the ride I could do a lot with them.

I got my Forbidden Fruits palette from Cocktail Cosmetics.

What do you think of pink eye shadows?  Would you wear them?  I've used a few of these shades as blushers too and they are really pretty used that way too.

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment