Sunday 22 March 2015

Spring Darling tutorial


You know what they say, more is more.  After finishing the look for the contouring post I decided that I actually wasn't finished, and wanted to develop my turquoise winged eye look a bit more with red/orange underneath.  I am really pleased with the results so thought I'd give you a bit of a look and tell you all what I used to achieve it.



Sugarpill Darling eye look
Sugarpill Darling eye look

First off, my brows are filled in with Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel in Strike (review here) and deepened at the outer edge with their Brow Cake in Thunder.

Sugarpill Darling eye look
Sugarpill Darling eye look
I used Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie in my crease and blended out quite far.  I deepened this with their Creme Brulee and then MAC Charcoal Brown.

I took Sugarpill Chromalust pigment in Darling and mixed it with Illamasqua Sealing Gel to make the thick turquoise liner.  Sealing Gel makes it a bit more vibrant than mixing it with water, and it won't budge at all.

I then lined with Illamasqua Precison Gel Liner in Infinity

The pencil in my waterline is Sleek Pumpkin which I blended out.  Over this I layered Urban Decay Slowburn from the Electric palette.  I blended Slowburn out with Makeup Geek Mango Tango.

The mascara is Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.

Sugarpill Darling eye look
Sugarpill Darling eye look
I didn't want to pair it with a bright lip so went with the deep dusky rose that is Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 10 Don't pink of it! 

Sugarpill Darling eye look
Sugarpill Darling eye look
Sugarpill Darling really is the star of the show but I do like the way the red/orange contrasts it.  What do you think?  Should I have left it as it was, with out the shadow underneath? I'd love to hear your opinion.

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment