Wednesday 18 March 2015

TokyoMilk Dark lip balm review

TokyoMilk Dark Lip Elixir Clove Cigarette

The winter months are torture to our poor lips and this year has been no exception.  This is particularly awful given than I'm fond of a matte lip, when every little dry patch shows up like whoa.
My favourite lip balm over the last month or so has been TokyoMilk Dark's Femme Fatale Collection Lip Elixir (what a mouthful) in Clove Cigarette No. 18.
First off, the packaging really appeals to me.  All black with a filigree pattern.  A very pretty version of the cheap alternative (that does nothing) that I'm sure everyone has had at some point.
I've seen a few complaints that people had difficulty opening their tin.  I've never encountered this.  Mine opens easily and so far hasn't gotten messy.

The smell of this balm is amazing!  I could eat it.  Actually it does taste nice as well.  The smell is mainly of cloves, if you hadn't already guessed.  I love all things spicy but if that's not your cup of tea then TokyoMilk Dark also offer salted caramel, rose, coconut, absinthe and cherry so I think there's something for everyone.  It's not surprising that the scents are so good; TokyoMilk Dark was created by a perfumer, Margot Elena.

If I wear this over night my lips feel great in the morning, not dry at all.  Any dryness immediately feels better when I put it on.  In the morning I apply it before I do my makeup.  By the time I apply my lipstick my lips are moisturised.  I kiss any excess off onto the back of my hand so that there isn't a slippy layer for the lipstick to smoosh about on.

TokyoMilk Dark Lip Elixir Clove Cigarette

The main active ingredients are aloe vera, vitamin E, jasmine, bee balm and green tea.  Seems good to me!

I bought mine from Sephora for $7 (about £4.70).  Living in the UK, it's not a purchase you'd make by itself but if you're looking for a little something to bump up your basket total to £75 (to qualify for £6 shipping and customs) then this great balm would be ideal!  I highly recommend it.  I don't think I've ever finished a lip balm before (they always seem to get lost) but if I finished this one I'd definitely get another.

What is your favourite lip balm?

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment