Saturday 11 April 2015

30 Day Blogging Challenge PLUS the highlights


You may have noticed I've been updating my blog a lot more frequently than normal the past 30 days.  This is due to me signing up for Sarah Arrow's 30 Day Blogging Challenge over on Sark e-Media.  I was googling some blog-related tips, can't remember exactly what, and a note popped up asking if I wanted to sign up for the challenge.  I thought it sounded interesting so entered my details and didn't really thing anything of it... until 6am the following morning when I had an email spurring me on for Day 1.


The 30 Day Blogging Challenge does what it says on the tin; for 30 days straight you have to write a post each day. But it is also so much more.  Each and every day, Sarah emails you with a lengthy introduction to an aspect of blogging, be it SEO, creating a catchy title or using infographics.  I was a complete n00b on this aspect of blogging, I really hadn't considered using specific key words or creating a call-to-action.

The challenge taught me lots about blogging and gave me lots of suggestions to be incorporated into my blog.  Not all fit with the type of blog I write but most of it was invaluable.  More than this though, the challenge showed me that I actually am capable of posting every day, should I want to.  I really wasn't sure I would make the 30 days but I really surprised myself and didn't miss a single day.  Yes, sometimes my posts were a lot shorter than I'd like or didn't contain as many photos, but I still made sure that I wrote something good enough that I would be interested to read it on someone else's blog.

You can sign up for the challenge here.  I should also mention that you will be supported by a group of bloggers on Facebook who are also completing the challenge.  You can see what everyone else is taking from the challenge and motivate each other to keep going.


I thought I'd round the challenge up by sharing 5 of my favourite posts from the last 30 days.


1.  This past month I started a series of posts on the difference that various makeup items make to your face.
What difference does contouring make? receive quite a lot of visits and I think it was a good introduction to the topic.
What difference does contouring make?
What difference does contouring make?


2.  What I take in my wedding bag was a super quick post that showed me what I could accomplish when I was pressed for time.  I wrote it after being out at a wedding all day.
What I take in my wedding bag
What I take in my wedding bag


3,  Urban Decay Revolution lipstick swatch-fest is a post that took a lot of time and effort,  I had to swatch 13 different colours on my lips and then edit the pictures (peach fuzz detracts from a lip close-up somewhat!).  They are also one of my favourite collections ever so I was pleased to finally be sharing this with everyone.
Urban Decay Revolution lipstick swatch-fest
Urban Decay Revolution lipstick swatch-fest


4.  Another before/after post was the What difference do eyebrow products make? post.  Eyebrows are pretty much my favourite facial feature and always the first part of someone else that I notice.  I enjoyed showing what an impact they can make.
What difference do eyebrow products make?
What difference do eyebrow products make?


5.  My Spring Darling tutorial post was a favourite as I really love the look I created, plus it is another example of a post that was quite quick to put together.
Spring Darling tutorial
Spring Darling tutorial
 I hope you enjoyed that quick overview of the past month and my experience with the 30 Day Blogging Challenge.  If you write a blog I highly recommend it; you'll probably learn something new even if you are a very experienced blogger.

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment