Wednesday 22 April 2015

Lit Glitter

Lit Glitters
Lit Glitters
 It's no secret, I'm a makeup magpie; I love anything shimmery and glittery.  I have quite a good collection of glitters and some of my favourite are from Lit Cosmetics.  They are a Canadian company with a massive choice of glitters...wait for it...over 200 glitters!  Not only do they have a huge selection of different colours but you can also get them in different sizes.  There are four sizes to choose from.  Size #1 is the smallest size of glitter, it would give a really dense concentration of the glitter colour but would only sparkle a little bit.  #4 is the large cut and would give the most glittery effect from a distance but you might feel the pieces on you more.  It really depends what effect you are going for.  I tend to favour a chunkier glitter as I want all of the sparkle!  Lit's glitters also come in different 'textures'; Solids are just one colour, Shimmers are transparent with a rainbow holographic reflect and Holographics are solid colour that reflects all primary colours.

Read on to see the Lit glitters that I have.
Glitter is notoriously difficult to photography, without it moving it's hard to show all of the colours that reflect off it.  The blurry photo in the trios are to best show how the glitter looks on.

Afternoon Delight glitter
Afternoon Delight glitter
I have Afternoon Delight glitter in a size #2 so fairly small but gives a decent amount of sparkle (it is also available in size #3).  It is one of their Solid textures.  They describe it as a pink glitter with a purple base.  Despite being a 'solid' I definitely see a green reflect to it.  I love it with a purple or pink look as the reflect makes it look a bit special.

Hello Sunshine glitter
Hello Sunshine glitter
Lit describe Hello Sunshine as a porcelain glitter with hints of orange.  I see more gold than orange but nonetheless it is really pretty, all over or in the inner corners of your eye.  Again it is a size #2 and a Solid texture.

Angel Eyes glitter
Angel Eyes glitter
Angel Eyes is Lit's current feature colour, which means you get it free with the purchase of any 3 glitters or a Lit Kit on their website.  Again, a Solid texture and size #2.  I would say it is a lilac glitter with hints of silver and pale blue.  Despite being the same size as the previous two I think it feels different, the glitter is slightly flakier in texture but this hasn't made any difference when applying it.

Hawaii 5/0 glitter
Hawaii 5/0 glitter
 Hawaii 5/0 is available in size #2 or #3.  I have it in size #3 so that the duochrome type shimmer is more obvious.  It is a Shimmer.  It's a cool, light blue with green reflects but I also see some orange reflects which makes the overall effect a bit warmer than the base colour.  I really like it on top of a navy smokey eye.

Rainbow Ride glitter
Rainbow Ride glitter
Rainbow Ride is also available as a size #2 or #3.  I have it in size #3 as it is another multi-tonal glitter.  It is a Shimmer with a base of peach and yellow and while its reflects are rainbow I see mainly green in them.  It's really different to any other glitters I have.

If you want to see any of Lit's glitters in action, there is a video of each glitter on the individual colour's page, these really show off all of the reflects.  I think Lit go to much more effort than some companies to have really unique glitters.  Often glitters will just be one base colour with no different reflects so I love that these ones are really multi-faceted.  I also have the Lit Clearly Liquid Glitter Base which I mainly use when I add the glitter on top of my liner, it doesn't budge and the glitter doesn't fall off during the day.

Th glitters are available directly from Lit here at $14 each or $20 for a Kit.  If you don't want to pay for shipping from Canada, Peaches and Cream in Liverpool sell a smaller, though still good, selection of Lit glitters on their online store here for £8.50 each or £12.50 for a Kit.
I recommend them to anyone who is maybe just stepping out into the world of cosmetic glitter as well as to someone who thinks they've got every colour imaginable (Lit will show you you're wrong).  Glitter is great for adding a bit, or a lot, of pizazz to a look and I love it any day of the week.  I'll have a post soon with some easy ways to wear glitter.

Have you tried Lit Cosmetics before?  I'd love to know what gems I'm missing from my currently small collection.

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment