Friday 3 April 2015

Shopping my stash


I'm going to London IMATS again this summer for the third time.  It's April so the saving has begun. I'm on a no-spend this month which is always fun :-[ not!  To make the month more interesting for myself makeup-wise I am once again 'shopping my stash'.  It basically means that I went through all my drawers looking for makeup that I haven't used for ages.  I'll endeavour to use these items as much as possible in the coming month.

Read on to see what I've picked out.

Lips

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Razzle
Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial
Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon
Illamasqua lipstick in Sangers
OCC Lip Tar in Anime
NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel

A nice mix of high street and high end.  I chose wearable colours so that I can wear them on work days as well as days off.  I like all of these, why haven't I used them recently? 


Base

Garnier Roll-On Anti-dark Circle concealer in Fair
Urban Decay Afterglow Glide-on Cheek Tint in Score

I rotate through most of my base products quite frequently and there aren't many that get left at the back.  The Garnier concealer didn't impress me when I first got it so I'm going to give it another try.  The Urban Decay blush hasn't been used in a while simply because I don't use cream products quite so much during the colder month.  I'm looking forwards to using this again, especially with their Revolution lipstick in Score too.


Eyeliners

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Tornado, Dime and West
OCC Cosmetic Color Pencil in Pool Boy
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Smog
Collection Glam Crystals in Le Freak

I love interesting liner so I doubt I'll be able to stick to just these liners but I really will try to use them more.


Eyes

Sleek i-Divine palette in Arabian Nights
Clinique Chubby Stick for eyes in Ample Amber
MAC Pigment in Fairy Lite
MAC Glitter (sample) in Reflects Red
Fyrinnae Loose Eyeshadow in Immortality

A few more options to make some fun eye looks.  Four of these items are already winners with me, albeit forgotten about ones.  However, I bought the Arabian Nights palette after seeing rave reviews on other blogs and I really wasn't impressed.  I think I remember that a few of the shades look really same-y on and I just didn't love it at all.  We'll see if my opinion changes this month.

Even if you don't have a massive makeup collection I think it's always worth checking through it to see if there's anything you'd forgotten about or had dismissed.  You never know, you might really love it when you try it again.
Let me know if you find anything that you'll try to use more this month after shopping your own stash!

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment