Saturday 13 June 2015

My MAC lipstick collection

MAC lipstick collection
MAC lipstick collection

I thought I'd show you my ten MAC lipsticks today; it's not a large collection at all but I feel like it's a beauty blogger rite of passage that I just have to do at some point.  About four or five years ago I thought MAC were the bee's knees.  I've become a bit disillusioned since then, largely because of the almost-impossible-to-buy limited edition collections which sell out in a heartbeat.  When it comes to their lipsticks they do have an impressive range of colours and finishes, though there are lots of cheaper dupes for many of the shades out there.

I haven't used lipliner for any of these swatches.  I'm starting with the LE shades that are no longer available.


MAC Watch Me Simmer LE
MAC Watch Me Simmer LE
Watch Me Simmer is an Amplified formula which is probably my favourite MAC finish.  It is a bright coral pink.  I've got a lot of use out of this one as it really brightens up my whole face.


MAC Pet Me, Please LE
MAC Pet Me, Please LE
Pet Me, Please was from the rather beautiful Alluring Aquatics collections and I admit I did buy it partially for the packaging (water droplets).  It is a light shimmery mauve, Frost finish.  I find it somewhat difficult to pull off, though paired with a deeper matte pink lipliner and some gloss helps.  A definite case of liking it swatched on my hand more than on my lips.  Ooops.  Oh well.


MAC Strong Woman LE
MAC Strong Woman LE
Strong Woman was one of the first purples in my collection.  It's a Matte dark red-toned purple and I have since found out that I definitely prefer blue-toned purples.  I don't find myself reaching for it very often but don't regret buying it as it sparked my hunt for the perfect purple.


MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus LE
MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus LE
Viva Glam Miley Cyrus is a LE shade but still available with the matching lip gloss.  I reviewed it more in-depth here.  It is a warm bright pink, an Amplified Creme so rich colour that is comfortable to wear.


MAC Brave
MAC Brave
Brave was my first MAC lipstick and the one I wore on my wedding day.  It's a creamy pale mauve, Satin finish.  For me it's definitely a 'my lips but better' shade.  Urban Decay Rush is very similar but more creamy in texture.


MAC Cyber
MAC Cyber
Cyber is definitely a shade that require lipliner to looks its best!  I've always used Mac's Nightmoth pencil they've recently brought out Cyber World pencil which is probably a slightly better match.  It's a Satin black-purple.  It looks amazing which a sparkly or iridescent gloss on top, I like it with MAC Dazzleglass in Funtabulous.


MAC Impassioned
MAC Impassioned
Impassioned is a great bright pink, a bit cooler in tone than the Miley Cyrus one, more of neon fuschia.  I've worn this one a lot.  Again it's an Amplified finish.

MAC Ruby Woo
MAC Ruby Woo
Ruby Woo was one of my first reds and I can remember deliberating for ages over whether to get this or Russian Red.  I used to feel really self-conscious wearing red and would often wipe it off as I got out of the front door.  It's only within the last two years perhaps that I've been able to wear one all day.  This is a Matte bright cool-toned red.  It can feel uncomfortable if you don't moisturise your lips well beforehand.  The colour lasts really well throughout the day.

MAC Unlimited
MAC Unlimited
Unlimited  is the only MAC lipstick I have this isn't one of their regular lipsticks; this one is a Pro Longwear Lipcreme which comes in a straighter tube and is more moisturising and long-wearing.  It is a really pretty dusty rose and a great everyday colour for me.  Highly recommended.


Viva Glam III
Viva Glam III
Viva Glam III is a matte brownish plum...plummy brown?  It's still in the neutral category I would say, albeit on the darker end of the spectrum.  I really like it and wear it quite a lot any time of the year.

I don't really feel the need to buy any more MAC lipsticks any time soon.  My lip collection is pretty big and so I'll only really get something now if it's really unique.  I'm still pretty gutted I didn't buy the Viva Glam Rihanna 2 lipstick which was a greyish mauve with lots of sparkle.  Oh well.  

I'd love to know what your favourite MAC lipsticks are and if you like any of the ones I have.

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment