Monday 8 June 2015

Whole face with one brand: Maybelline


Whole face with Maybelline
Whole face with Maybelline
Maybelline is probably my favourite highstreet brand.  While their range isn't fantastic across the board, they do have plenty of stand-out products with the Color Tattoos possibly being the best and most-reached for in my collection.  I'm coming to the end of brands I'm able to do a whole look with, possibly just MAC and Benefit left to do, but I thought it would be great to do a more budget-friendly one...if I added up the price of all today's items it wouldn't be quite so bad as the others.

Without further ado, let me show you what I used.

Face

Baby Skin Primer
Dream Matte Mousse in 004 Light Porcelain 
(I actually really love this foundation, it looks very skin-like and blends easily.  I apply it very lightly with a Real Techniques Buffing brush.  I know a lot of people who hate this foundation though and it seems they either applied it too thickly, with fingers or have dry skin.  It can cling to patches.)
Eraser Eye Concealer in Light

Blush was the only thing I had to really cheat with.  To stay hightreet-friendly I used Rimmel Santa Rose.


Whole face with Maybelline
Whole face with Maybelline

Eyes

Because I now shave the tail of my brows I have to fill them, and don't have a Maybelline product that could do the job. I used NYX Brow Gel in Medium Brown

Brow Drama in Dark Brown
Color Tattoo in Vintage Plum (all over), Eternal Gold (inner half), Metallic Pomegranate (outer half) and Permanent Taupe (waterline) 
Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black (plus the brush that comes with it)
Mega Plush mascara (one of my favourites)


Whole face with Maybelline
Whole face with Maybelline

Lips

Tint Gloss in Forever Coral
Color Drama Lipstick in In With Coral
Elixir in Breathtaking Apricot


Whole face with Maybelline
Whole face with Maybelline
Not too shabby, despite not being that interesting of a look.  I think Maybelline are a great place to start for beginners.  While they aren't the cheapest highstreet brand (most things are £5-£8), I think the quality is definitely better than some of the others.  If I had to recommend three products by Maybelline they would be the Color Drama Lipsticks (super opaque and easy to apply as they're in chubby pencil form), the Color Tattoos (last all day with no creasing, make great bases) and any of their mascaras.

You can buy Maybelline here or here.

I'd love to know what your favourite Maybelline products are!

See the previous one brand challenges here:
Urban Decay
Illamasqua

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment