Saturday 25 July 2015

A palette a day - week 3


A Palette A Day

The weeks go by so fast!  Week 3 of my Palette A Day challenge was definitely more of a neutral one, but largely is down to the palettes that got picked out.  It's all completely at random, they're written on pieces of paper and I pick one with my eyes closes.

If you want, you can look at Week 1 and Week 2's looks.

Read on to see what makeup mishaps I got up to last week.

Monday


Sugarpill Sweetheart palette
Sugarpill Sweetheart palette
Monday's random palette was the Sugarpill Sweetheart palette.  I love this palette but I rarely limit myself to just it, I tend to use the pink, Dollypop with a purple look, Tako the white one with everything...
I was feeling a bit experimental so tried to do a reverse halo eye.  Turns out it doesn't really work, or at least not with white used at the edges.  It genuinely looked like I'd done clown eyes!  The glitter beneath my lower lashline is Lit Magic Dragon.


Tuesday

Laura Mercier Artist Palette
Laura Mercier Artist Palette
I really like Tuesday's look, but I feel like it's the gold liner that makes all the difference, whoops.  The liner is Inglot AMC gel liner in 95.  The palette I used was the Laura Mercier Artist palette, the 2013 one I think (it's be re-released but the payoff of some of the colours is slightly different).  I love this palette, the shadows are really high quality and it's like it was made for my skin tone!  It's had quite a lot of love, although not so much recently so it was good to get it out again.


Wednesday

Illamasqua Empower palette
Illamasqua Empower palette
I loved the look I created on Wednesday using the Illamasqua Empower palette.  Admittedly, it's the duochrome colour Fervent, that does all the hard work; you can't really use it and look bad!  I had a feeling that this would be a good look so I filmed a tutorial of it, which I'll insert below.  The liner is MAC Acrylic Paint in Black Black and the false lashes are the Sugarpill Sinnocent lashes. 



Thursday

Urban Decay Vice palette
Urban Decay Vice palette
Thursday's pick was the first of the Urban Decay Vice palettes.  I loved it when it was released but which each new Vice palette I tended to forget about its predecessor.  I went for a defined, dramatic teal look and used Illamasqua Lush lashes and some more Lit Magic Dragon glitter.


Friday

Sugarpill Sparklebaby palette
Sugarpill Sparklebaby palette
Friday was another Sugarpill palette, this time the Sparklebaby one.  This is a glorious set of shimmery pastels.  My favourite colour from it is definitely Frostine, the pale, frosty lavender.  I used this on the centre of my lid and to blend everything out, with Hotsy Totsy deepening the edges.  I used a combination of Hotsy Totsy and Kitten Parade on my lower lash line.
The brows are all Sugarpill shadows; Frostine, 2am and Poison Plum.


Saturday

L'oreal La Palette Nude Rose
L'oreal La Palette Nude Rose
I really dislike this palette, the L'oreal La Palette Nude Rose.  It was majorly over-hyped before its release, there was even a waiting list for it with Boots.  The colours looked good, in the same family as the Naked 3.  But no, no pigmentation.  It took a lot of effort to get any colour to show up on my lids.  The finished look was very boring so I added Urban Decay liquid liner in Smog.


Sunday

Kat Von D - Star Studded palette
Kat Von D - Star Studded palette
Sunday's palette was the Kat Von D Star Studded palette, the holiday palette from 2014.  I picked this up in the Sephora sale and was really glad I did. It has lots of great highlight shades for me and a good combination of colours.  I did a simple warm neutral eye with it this time, and used the yellow/orange duochrome shade damp on the inner portion of my lid.


If nothing else, I hope this series I'm doing inspires you to dig out some of the makeup you might have forgotten about.  Everyday I'm rediscovering old favourites or being challenged to make discordant colours work together.

What is your favourite of these looks?

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:



No comments:

Post a Comment