Monday 6 July 2015

A palette a day - week 1


Every day in July I will be using a different eyeshadow palette to do my eyes, with no help from other shadows.  I tried this in January 2014 and it went well except for 4 days in hospital and then a few more in bed.  I'm trying it again, mainly to unearth palettes I've forgotten about.  I have more than 31 palettes (shock! horror!) so to keep it fair I've written them all on paper and pick one out at random each day.

Each Monday (or Tuesday if I'm late like now), I will do a round-up post of the week's looks.  Obviously July didn't start until Wednesday so I have just five looks today.  I'll show you which palettes I used and which shades.

Wednesday

Kat Von D Chrysalis palette
Kat Von D Chrysalis palette
I went for a blue and purple look on Wednesday, having picked out the Kat Von D Chrysalis palette.  I was feeling super colourful so I added the Inglot AMC gel liner in 87.


Thursday

Smashbox Full Exposure palette
Smashbox Full Exposure palette
Thursday I picked out the Smashbox Full Exposure palette.  I'm not a huge fan of this palette because I don't like any of the shimmer shades, they're very sheer and create a lot of fall-out.  I didn't have a lot of time so just did a simple cool-toned neutral eye.


Friday

Nars Dual Intensity palette
Nars Dual Intensity palette
I did this fun halo eye using the Nars Dual Intensity palette.  I love this palette.  I used the two lighter colours in centre wet for a more intense metallic look.


Saturday

Too Faces A Few of My Favourite Things palette
Too Faces A Few of My Favourite Things palette
Too Faces A Few of My Favourite Things palette
Whoops, I didn't realise how similar this was to Wednesday's look until I saw the photos.  The difference made by coloured or black liner is quite big though.  This palette admittedly hasn't had enough love so it was good to dig this one out.  Look how amazing the colour Party Time is!


Sunday 

Urban Decay Naked 2 palette
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette
I'm not very good at cut-creases, I find it so difficult to get them symmetrical.  I guess I was feeling daring when I picked out the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette on Sunday, plus I had a little extra time so didn't want to do another easy neutral look.  I used Copper wet with Illamasqua Sealing Gel for the main colour.  It's not the perfect cut-crease but I'm getting there.

I know it's just a quick post.  Hopefully it provides a bit of inspiration for you if you have any of those palettes. I encourage you to have a rummage in your own drawers to see what you've forgotten about!

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment