Thursday 24 September 2015

Makeup Staples: Duo Brush-On Lash Glue


This is the first post in a new series I'll be doing. Makeup Staples is pretty much what it sounds like; I'll be talking briefly about the products I use every day, the ones that never let me down and have become so much a part of my routine that I forget to mention them.  Most of them will be base products and tools as the more colourful products get swapped around every day.



First off is my favourite glue for false lashes.  When I started using lashes I used the white-to-clear Duo glue that comes in a squeezy tube because it was what I saw everyone using.  That stuff makes a mess!  I applied a bit to the back of my hand and dipped the lash band into it but I always ended up with too much on the band and lots of excess on my hand and it just got everywhere.  I also found it took a very long time to get tacky and my lashes would always ping up at the inner corners.

I think it was AmberMDean (check out her channel, seriously amazing!) that I first saw using this brush-on Duo glue.  This one is latex-free and also has a bunch of vitamins in it (growth-promoting?  I dunno).  What I do know is that this one gets tacking within about 20 seconds and dries quickly once the lashes are applied.  Because it has a little brush it's very easy to apply just the right amount of glue to the lash band.

I have very sensitive eyes and have never had a problem with this lash glue.
It does take a bit of work to get all of the remnants off at the end of the day, but an oil-based cleanser gets it off without a problem.

 I do occasionally get lashes ping off still but no where near as often as before, and I'm pretty sure that's user error most of the time.

The tube contains 5g which doesn't sound like much but I've only used a really small amount in the 4 months I've had it.  I only wear lashes maybe 2-3 times a week.

I don't think I'll ever go back to the other type of eyelash glue.  This one is more convenient and more effective, yay!

You can get it here for £4.99 and probably from lots of other places as well.

What are your makeup staples?


Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:


No comments:

Post a Comment