Saturday 19 September 2015

My Favourite Makeup Geek Products


My Favourite Makeup Geek products

If you've read only a handful of my blog posts you'll probably have already realised that I'm head over heels for Makeup Geek.  A few months ago I even had Makeup Geek Week on here!
My latest YouTube video is all about my favourite products from Marlena's line, with swatches.

Read on to see some close-up swatches of my very favourite shades.



My Favourite Makeup Geek products
In the same order as the photo above


Here are 3 of my favourites from the Foiled Shadow range.  It was hard to pick out just a few as I really love all of them.  
Magic Act is a metallic cream with glints of gold.
Houdini is a fabulous teal with hints of petrol blue and green.
Jester is an olive green with gold running through it.


Makeup Geek Foiled shadows magic Act, Houdini, Jester
L-R Magic Act, Houdini, Jester


These are some of my favourite Makeup Geek shadows from my coloured Z Palette (I have 3; neutral, colours and foiled).  I love all of them so to be honest these are the ones that caught my eye on the day, though these do get a lot of use.
Bitten is a matte burgundy and goes with pretty much everything.
Chickadee is a matte warm orange and is great as a transition colour.
Pixie Dust is this great metallic chartreuse.
Peacock is a matte deep teal.
Poppy is a warm, very bright, orangey red/reddy orange.  Great for blending out a black smokey eye.


Makeup Geek shadows L-R Bitten, Chickadee, Pixie Dust, Peacock, Poppy
L-R Bitten, Chickadee, Pixie Dust, Peacock, Poppy


These next few are some of my favourite neutrals.  I'm such a muppet; when I wa re-swatching these for the photos I forgot to swatch Cocoa Bear, which I show in the video.  This post has got to be up today and it's too dark for photos now.  D'oh!  Sorry.
Cocoa Bear (not pictured) is a warm medium brown.  Great with everything.
Taupe Notch is a satin deep taupe.  A great all-over shade for cool-toned skin.
Preppy is a cool brown with a green tinge.  Great with khakis and deep greens.
Rockstar is a metallic pale grey with pink reflects.  Beautiful as an inner corner highlight or centre of a halo eye.


Makeup Geek shadows L-R Taupe Notch, Preppy, Rockstar
L-R Taupe Notch, Preppy, Rockstar


These last 3 are some of my Makeup Geek pigments.  These swatches are dry with no primer.  Foil these babies and it takes it to a whole new metallic level!
Liquid Gold is a highly metallic yellowy gold.  Great for a halo eye or accents (I like it dotted around)
Insomnia is your classic green/brown duochrome and is stunning all over the lid.
Utopia is a cool bronzey shade which can look antique gold on the lids. I like it as a spotlight look layered over black.


Makeup Geek pigments L-R Liquid Gold, Insomnia, Utopia
L-R Liquid Gold, Insomnia, Utopia

I'd love to know what some of your favourite Makeup Geek products are!  Let me know in the comments.


Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment