Tuesday 1 September 2015

Smokey Maroon Look


 I'm so gutted.  I filmed a GRWM video for this look but my files got corrupted which just sucks because I was so happy with how it turned out.  My photos saved okay so all is not lost.  

I knew I wanted to use the Saucebox Batalash palette on this day but I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it.  It started to turn into a halo eye so I wanted something really metallic in the centre.  I ended up using Sugarpill Countess as the main colour so tied in the lips with OCC Lip Tar in Lydia.  I'll list all the products below, I'm just sorry I can't show you how I did it!



 Face

La Roche-Posey Anthelios XL SPF 50+
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in Light 42
MAC Face & Body in C1
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly
Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder (!) in Light
Kat Von D Shade & Light palette to contour (coolest for cheek bones, warmest for forehead and darkest under jaw)
The Balm Mary-LouManizer
MAC MSF in Stereo Rose



Eyes

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown
Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Smoulder pencil
Saucebox Batalash Palette in Vanilla, Winter Brown, Cinnamon, Lace Noir
Sugarpill Chromalust in Countess and Penelope
Inglot Duraline
Illamasqua pigment in Beguile

Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara





Lips

Essence Lip Pencil in Soft Berry
OCC Lip Tar in Lydia


I don't really subscribe to wearing certain looks for certain periods of the year, but if I did this would be a perfect autumn/fall look.  If you don't have Lydia Lip Tar then Anna Audacious lipstick from Nars is similar though lighter, as is Too Faced Melted Fig.

Please let me know if you liked this look.

What's your favourite combination of colours for a halo eye?

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment