Sunday 8 November 2015

Makeup Staples: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara review

Just a quick one today to talk about my Holy Grail (HG) mascara which is Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.  For years my favourite had been Clinique High Impact mascara until I tried this one early last year.  Mind blown.  I got this mascara for the first time in with one of their holiday palettes and fell in love immediately.  
I have naturally long lashes so what I really want from a mascara is volume and for it to be super black.  This gives me that exactly.

The wand is hourglass and the bristles are natural ones (my fave) but quite thick ones.  The mascara formula is also quite a thick one from the get go, which means it doesn't take 15 coats to build up the volume.  I can happily just use one coat of this but if it's a look that could do with falsies and I can't be bothered, then I use up to 3 coats of this.

A big plus is that is is very dark.  No charcoal mascara pretending to be black!

It doesn't fall down on my face during the day, nor does it smudge or transfer on me.  I'm very good at not touching my face during the day but I have rubbed my eyes in the evening before and it did crumble a little bit...however I'm going to assume that you're not going to rub your eyes during the day!

Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara review

I've never actually bought the full size of this mascara, I've had quite a few of the mini size in sets and always look out for sets that include it.  The full size costs £19 and in the UK you can get it from Debenhams in store or online.

My only negative with this mascara is the name.  I really hate any makeup names that are remotely smutty.  If I wouldn't want to say the name in front of my parents then it's not a name I'm a fan of.

If you want to see this mascara at work then head over to my Instagram, I use this one most days.

Previously in my Makeup Staples series
Duo Latex-Free Brrsh-On Lash Glue

Let me know what you think of this mascara?

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment