Monday 16 March 2015

What difference do eyebrow products make?


The difference eye brow grooming makes

In short, rather a lot of difference!  I'm sure you've heard it a thousand times before but eyebrows really do frame the face.  When they're filled in, eyebrows make everything else look a little bit neater (but not the mascara smudges, oops) and just finish off a look.

Here I used a light application of Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown.  It is a gel product which lets you fill in brows lightly or fully, you can even mimic individual hairs with it if your brows are sparse.
This is a very speedy application as it was a work day and I was in a rush as per usual.  It took less than a minute to do each brow but made a lot of difference, to my eye look and as you'll see below, my whole face.


The difference eye brow grooming makes

There's something about the way the eyebrow echoes the curve of your top eyelid that pulls it all together.

As you can see above, I have a decent amount of eyebrow hair but the front half is peculiarly darker than the tail. Filling them in defines (or alters) their shape and can make the colour uniform.  Of course you can also try the ombre brow trend, where they start off lighter on the bushy end and get a lot darker in the tail.  I occasionally try that look but it can take a lot more time.

Brow products I highly recommend are Illamasqua's Precision Brow Gel and Brow Cakes, the Dipbrow Pomade (which comes in over 10 colours) and Maybelline's Brow Drama mascara.
A matte cool-toned eye shadow can also work really well, especially if you're just starting out.
A good angled brush is essential.  I favour Zoeva's Brow Line brush.

If the lipstick looks familiar, it is the MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus which I just posted about here.

What do you think?  Do you agree with me that well-groomed eyebrows can make the world of difference to a full look?

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment