Saturday 1 August 2015

A Palette A Day - Week 4


A Palette A Day Week 4
A Palette A Day Week 4
Week 4 of my Palette A Day challenge for January ended up being another neutral-based week, no particular reason.  As I've already said, the aim of the challenge was to use palettes I had forgotten about and possibly even didn't like very much.  Sometime I would come across a palette that has no highlight shade or no transition shade but I would still only use that palette.

Without further ado, here are the looks from week 4 and which shades I used in each palette.

Monday

Urban Decay Vice 2
Urban Decay Vice 2
For some reason I really wanted to do a triangle look that day.  I picked out the Urbam Decay Vice 2 palette so chose to go with browns, peach and bit of purple just to outline the triangles.  It's okay, I prefer other times I've done a similar shape.


Tuesday

Cargo Vintage Escape
Cargo Vintage Escape
I really love the Cargo Vintage Escape palette; I've done two posts on it, a review and a 5 Looks.  There are some lovely autumnal colours in it with a good mix of shimmer and matte.  The star of this look was Withered Leaves, which although green, gave a good look to the centre of my lid.


Wednesday

Kat Von D Interstellar
Kat Von D Interstellar
The Kat Von D Interstellar palette is another stunner and I feel like it was made just for me.  It looks great on my cool skin tone and suits my eye colour.  The new Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette reminds me of this one, and so I don't feel the need to get it, shock horror!   The glitter on my inner corner in Kryolan Coarse Polyester Glimmer in Pearl Lilac.


Thursday

Urban Decay Theodora
When the Urban Decay Theodora palette first came out I knew I had to have it, as it was associated with Oz.  I really enjoyed the neutrals in the palette but the two greens are just not what I would go for at all.  When it comes to eye shadows I like bright greens or forest/emerald greens, these odd sagey colours don't appeal to me at all.  And so I ignored them when it came to this look.  It's quite a simple look, I think I must have been in a rush that day!


Friday

Kat Von D Monarch palette
If you want beautiful warm browns then the Kat Von D Monarch Palette has it all.  I love to use it by itself or with other shadows. It has some great highlight and transition shades.  I did a spotlight eye with an intensely metallic centre using Inglot Duraline to foil the shadow.


Saturday

Sleek Arabian Nights
The Sleek Arabian Nights palette is one of those things I bought just because I saw it on about a hundred blogs and everyone said it was wonderful.  Some of the shades are really pretty but they are all shimmery so quite difficult to only use these colours.  But I did it, and it was a bit of a mess.  The inner corner glitter is Lit glitter Liberache S4.


Sunday

Anastasia Beverly Hills Artist Palette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Artist Palette
I used the Anastasia Artist Palette to do a sunset look; purple fading into orange and then yellow.  I really liked how this turned out and it only took about 10 minutes.




Would you recreate any of these looks? 

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:




No comments:

Post a Comment